- WACKER Ultrathin Silicone Film
A new dimension in precise, ultrathin silicone film.
In the field of high-precision thin silicone sheets, thickness variation matters. WACKER's ELASTOSIL® Film is an ultrathin film made from cross-linked silicone rubber that delivers unique and pioneering advantages. ELASTOSIL® Film is ideal for applications utilizing electroactive polymers (EAPs) such as energy harvesting, sensor technology and artificial muscle development.
Manufactured under class 8 cleanroom conditions, ELASTOSIL® Film features extremely thin and homogeneous clear silicone rubber sheets with outstanding mechanical and electrical properties.
Newly developed SILPURAN® Film features more attributes, such as biocompatibility and chemical stability, essential in the healthcare industry. With Wacker's proven durability and quality, SILPURAN® Film fulfills the highest medical requirements.
Properties & Applications
- Outstanding mechanical & physical properties of platinum-cured silicone
- High and selectively gas and water vapor permeable
- High-temperature resistant and low-temperature flexible
- High dielectric strength with high specific resistivity
- Optical transparent
- Constant mechanical and electrical properties
Commonly used in: EAP technology, functional membranes, optical layers/interlayers, protective films, functional packaging