Reliable solder joints are possible with
Alpha Void Reduction Solutions
Why is voiding control important?
Voiding is detrimental to solder joint reliability. It can cause solder joint defects due to decreased thermal conductivity, produce solder bridges and solder transfer, and reduce current carrying capacity of solder joints.
How to reduce voiding in solder joints
Through a proven methodology based on the variables involved in SMT assembly, Alpha's Void Reduction Solutions (VRS) combine the expertise and products that help manufacturers achieve their desired voiding levels even in the most challenging applications.
Benefits of Alpha Void Reduction Solutions
Enhanced electrical & thermal performance
Elimination of rework
Significant reduction in voiding
Understand & control void generation with Alpha
- » PCB Design
- » Reflow Profile
- » Surface Finish
- » Machine Parameters
- » Solder Paste
- » Solder Preforms
- » High-Reliability Alloys
- » Stencil Design
Find out if Alpha's Void Reduction Solutions are suitable for you.
Alpha Void Reduction Resources
- Process Design and Material Factors for Voiding Control for Thermally Demanding Applications
- Void Reduction Strategy for Bottom Termination Components (BTC) Using Flux Coated Preforms
- Effect Of Voids On Thermo‐mechanical Reliability Of Solder Joints
- Void Reduction in BTC Using Vacuum Assisted Reflow