Replace traditional fastening methods in general purpose applications with 3M™ VHB™ Tape RP+.
The 3M VHB Tape RP+ Family is a new permanent bonding solution in the 3M VHB Tape portfolio that can replace traditional mechanical fasteners in many general purpose applications.
3M VHB Tape RP+ features a durable acrylic system with viscoelastic properties. The result is a strong double-sided foam tape that adheres to a wide range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, and painted or sealed wood and concrete.
This tape can replace rivets, welds, and screws. Its quick and easy to use permanent bonding method provides excellent conformability, tear strength and durability. In addition, it offers design flexibility thanks to its viscoelasticity even at lower temperatures.
- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives
- Gray, multi-purpose adhesive and conformable acrylic foam core for excellent performance in a variety of applications
- Eliminates drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture, and more
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials