Explore new bonding possibilities with VHB™ extrudable tape from 3M™
Until now, manufacturers of appliances, specialty vehicles, and other products were limited by the adhesives crucial to their product designs. Unfortunately, standard industrial adhesives typically add time to production lines, require specialized storage and usage conditions, and generate excessive waste.
3M reimagines tape with this new bonding solution designed for automation, providing a faster, simplified, more sustainable solution for manufacturing processes. 3M VHB Extrudable Tape GP is a high-strength pressure-sensitive hybrid material that provides immediate handling strength, fast application, and durability. Also, it requires little or no surface preparation for most substrates.
You can apply 3M VHB Extrudable Tape GP in variable widths and thicknesses and even around corners without wrinkles or voids. In addition, it can provide an air- and watertight seal.
3M On Demand Bonding System featuring 3M VHB Extrudable Tape
The 3M On Demand Bonding System featuring 3M VHB Extrudable Tape in collaboration with Nordson is a simple, automated solution that smoothly integrates into your assembly line.
This small-footprint bonding system doesn't require many replacement parts and helps you incorporate the benefits of automation into your process without compromising your bonding specifications.
The 3M On Demand Bonding System featuring 3M VHB Extrudable Tape will bring your operation what it needs to maintain a competitive edge, making it more efficient, versatile, and sustainable.
Features & Benefits
- Parts can be handled immediately
- Bonds curved surfaces and dissimilar shapes
- Has no special storage or curing requirements
- Excellent adhesion to glass, metals, low surface energy (LSE) plastics, rubber, woven and non-woven textiles, and hard-to-bond materials, including slightly oily surfaces
- Fills in gaps with a smooth, clean appearance
- Automation reduces your dependence on skilled or specialized labor
- Reduces complexity in your processes and workflow
- Standardize your materials by replacing multiple adhesives
- Stretch release means less waste, faster rework, and easier component recycling
- Reduces the need to purge the dispenser and discard purged adhesive
- No residual waste