- WACKER Silicones
WACKER silicones: multifaceted performance for countless applications
The unique chemical and physical properties of silicones outperform those of any other polymer, which brings endless design and engineering possibilities.
Their multifaceted nature makes WACKER silicones an essential component in industrial manufacturing and application areas like:
- Thermally Conductive Adhesives
- Silicone Encapsulation
- Prototype Molding
- Automotive & Transport
- Electrics & Electronics
- Silicone Films
Photo of a woman making molds for sculptures with liquid silicone.
Hisco is a leading supplier of WACKER, the second largest silicone manufacturer in the world.
Solutions engineered for a range of applications
- Mold Making -- ELASTOSIL® silicone elastomers for mold making yield highly accurate reproductions and are highly resistant to common reproduction materials. Applications of ELASTOSIL® M and RT range from arts and crafts to industrial mass production.
- Bonding & Sealing -- Room-temperature vulcanizing silicone elastomers from WACKER provide reliable protection against external influences to ensure functional reliability of electrical and electronic components. Applications include potting, bonding, sealing and coating.
- Thermal management -- Low-stress solutions like thermal pads and pastes based on WACKER's ELASTOSIL® and SEMICOSIL® efficiently dissipate heat even for complicated shapes. They protect key components such as transformers and power semiconductor devices against environmental influences.
WACKER silicones offer ideal performance properties such as:
- Heat and low-temperature resistance
- Function as sealants, insulators, lubricants and release agents
- Extremely durable and flexible